Back in December, we polled First Stage Investor subscribers about their 2019 outlook. Most respondents seemed optimistic about the new year and excited about the marijuana and crypto markets in particular.
We also asked what investment goals subscribers have for 2019. Here’s a small sampling of the responses we received:
- Recover from 2018 losses
- Invest in five to six startups and buy more stocks that I already own and are doing well
- Achieve an overall 50% return on my portfolio
- Invest at least $3,000 more in cryptos and triple that by December 31, 2019
- Buy more cryptos while they are “on sale”
- Try to manage investments without regard to the panic and fear of the market
- Further diversify my portfolio to minimize the impact of downturns in any particular sector
- Stay afloat – bitcoin, lead the way.
In my experience, step one of achieving any goal is to break it down into smaller goals. The more specific you can get, the better. Having a more narrow focus helps combat the overwhelmed feeling we get when tackling large goals. Even if your goal is a big one – like doubling your portfolio within a year – you can break it into more manageable pieces.
Another thing that can help? Having another person or a group of people to hold you accountable. We’ll check in on everyone’s progress later in the year (and do our part to provide some guidance along the way!).
This week, we’re diving a little deeper into crypto questions, asking about entrepreneurial experience and more.
Click the image below to take this week’s poll.